Re: Analyzing queries

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2004 13:43:00 -0800

> Daniel, what about using the outline feature to provide optimizer
> hints without touching the vendor code?
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

I heard of a Siebel project where they implemented this suggestion, and it worked OK. I'm not sure if it was "approved" by Siebel or not. The problem with Siebel is that for any database change, if the Siebel guys have not heard of this feature, then instead of saying "That sounds great, let's try it!", they become defensive and threaten to not support our Siebel if we implement that change. That creates a very closed-minded environment, where everyone is scared to do anything. The only time that they agree to make any change is when the application is so slow that all the users are complaining non-stop.

Daniel Received on Thu Jan 08 2004 - 15:43:00 CST