Re: How to sign up

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2004 15:34:53 -0800

dragon19993_at_yahoo.com (Allan) wrote in message news:<b93d704b.0401081143.5f179062_at_posting.google.com>...
> Dear All,
>
> I am just wondering how can I sign up this newsgroups using Microsoft Outlook.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Allan

You probably don't want to, as this is a decremented group, replaced by the comp.databases.oracle.* hierarchy.

Click on View, then Goto, then News. If your news hasn't been setup, you will go into a wizard. You need to know the nntp of your news server, so "see your system administrator" if you don't. You might consider putting "nospam" somewhere in your reply to address to avoid spam harvesters.

Be sure not to post in html format.

Personally, I wouldn't use it to read news, but I understand you may not have a choice.

See http://www.dbaoracle.net for some newbie posting advice.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"The office assistant prevents me from working."