DBCA fails on Windows ME

From: Patricia <pinkita777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2004 21:28:40 -0800

I am a new Oracle user. I am trying to install Oracle 9i Personal Edition on Windows ME; however, I am getting the following error during the installation:
Oracle Database Configuration Assistant failed during install. Error message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/inprise/vbroker/CORBA/ObjectException in thread "main"

at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Host.<init>(Host.java:437)
at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.UIHost.<init>(UIHost.java:151)
at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.ProgressOnlyHost.<init>(ProgressOnlyHost.java:72)
at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.getHost(Dbca.java:123)
at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.execute(Dbca.java:82)
at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.main(Dbca.java:144)

I realize that Oracle does not support Oracle 9i under Windows ME, so I searched the internet for the solution and found the following:
"After the initial installation, run Universal installer again and
install the Corba
stuff, then re-run the database config assistant again." Can somebody explain in more details what is "Corba stuff" (ie. how do I identify it during the install process?) Also, how do I re-run the DBCA again?

I have also found the following solution:
"#EM_CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/classes:$JLIB_DIR/$EMBASE_JAR
EM_CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/classes:$ORACLE_HOME/oem_webstage:$JLIB_DIR/$EMBASE_JAR". Can somebody explain what is going on here?

Thank you in advance.

Patricia Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 06:28:40 CET

Original text of this message