Re: Regarding ORacle 9i installation

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:03:57 GMT

vikram wrote:

> hai,
>
> when i try to install oracle 9i it prompts the error that jre was not
> found in the installation cd in the required path. Also it asks me to
> install from the java site. But in my system i have already installed
> jre.
>
> Could anyone please clarify , what i have to do to install oracle 9i.
>
> thanks in advance.
> vikram

You might have a Java version conflict. Oracle installer really only likes one flavour of Java and gets an upset tummy over the rest. If I'm not mistaken, there is some discussion about this in the installation document.

If you want real help then you could try posting real information such as the actual OS, the actual version of the OS, the actual version of the Oracle database, the actual message ... you get the idea. Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 00:03:57 CET

Original text of this message