Re: Error in starting Oracle agent and ORA:01031 on SQLPLUS

From: Cherrish Vaidiyan <unbreakablematrix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jan 2004 22:13:46 -0800

Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<bt3cu3$af8$1_at_news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...

> So, when I get this correctly, you do not even have your basic
> setup right, yet you are pounding all over for answers?
> I have provided you with guidance, scripts, and links - yet you
> do not seem to:
> - know what you want (standby db or replication)
> - want to take it one step at the time
>
> It looks asif you accepted a task and need it getting done
> before a deadline, but you haven't got a clue ho, what, or where.
> All I can say is that lack of planning on your side does not
> mean any panic on my side.

Sir,
I request ur pardon for my words & query typed in uppercase. I have copied the Entire Oracle Folder to the system.so i was getting the error in Oracle Agent. But i am able to open and use Database. Will my databse fail due to error in Oracle Agent ? I am pounding for answers as i am a learner.. i have just 6 months experience in Oracle.So i am in a testing environment.. i get stucked in many situation where i cant get any views from books. Its true and i am very grateful for ur effort and mind to help me by providing guidance at various stages both personally and though groups.Please do continue helping me.I accept ur words.
I am working on Database Availability. So I first wanted to implement Advanced Replication.With ur guidance i did that. Later i got an article on the net to setup fail over and standby database is best suited. So after implementing Asynchronous Replication, i tried on standby Database.
I know that all these stuffs are very tough and only Gurus in Oracle can perform it.I thought of going into the subject by Trial N Errors as i like the stream of Database.Hope u got my situation.Thereby i was first querying about Listeners, then replicationand standby database. Since a simple replication environment is set with sample tables of Oracle. I am having some clarification and i am doing it as Test Cases.So i am not trying to do everything at a stretch. I accept that i have many disadvantage and lack many things in the industry.. but i am sure with guidance from persons like you will make me up.I take up jobs of my interest and ones that i think i can perform well... leading to a inference...In a way that leads to some learning.

Please do mail me in person and in the group and guide me...

Respectfully,
Cherrish Vaidiyan Received on Sat Jan 03 2004 - 07:13:46 CET

Original text of this message