Re: Index and foreign key

From: NicK <nospam_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:43:38 +1400

Hey VC!

If you check out the Oracle press materials on Oracle 9i, it explicitly states that dead-locks are checked for and prevented. I guess they made fools out of themselves by point out at something they forgot to implement :-)

Either way, I hope MySQL, DB/2 and Oracle continue to remain in business and keep pushing each other to their limits. MySQL because its included for free with Linux, DB/2 because it maintains some degree of compatibility with Oracle, and Oracle because we've been spending so much time and effort on it.

Anyway, I'd better get going.

Cheers,
NicK