Re: Bulk Updates in Oracle from XML File

From: Kiran Dalvi <rayoflight_kiran_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2003 04:18:12 -0800

Hi Faheem,

   I am getting the data in XML file format. The amount of data is huge.
I want to parse the XML (in Java) and ctreate Data Objects (DOs) out of it.

   Number of such DOs is typically around 30000+ Thus now I want to add the information in these DOs into Database. In other words, I want to insert 30000+ rows in Database.
Let me know how it can be done efficiently. I know the conventional methods like INSERT or SELECT FOR UPDATE.

   In short, I want to update this bulk data into Database at a shot. I am using Java as a programming language. So I guess, options related to scripting are not feasible. (In my Opinion)

Thanks,
Kiran Received on Sat Dec 13 2003 - 13:18:12 CET

Original text of this message