Re: ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded

From: Erik Domstad <d2domer_at_dtek.chalmers.se>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 08:02:59 -0800

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0312100033.4668179_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Dan White" <dan_at_omegaconcepts.net> wrote in message news:<exvBb.5294$UM4.1322_at_nwrdny01.gnilink.net>...
> > Deepali ,
> >
> > I would select your results into a java object(i.e.hash table) in a
> > serverlet then close the cursor.
> >

> Which is obviously a completely undesirable solution as you won't see
> any changes to the table anymore. The OP just needs to increase the
> init.ora parameter open_cursors and bounce the database.
> I would strongly urge you to learn something about relational
> databases.
>

> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

If the problem is that statements aren't closed properly, increasing open_cursors will only make it last a little longer before you have the same problem again. If you're lucky the connection pool will clean up for you but that solution is pure symptom fighting and will not help you.

Erik Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 17:02:59 CET

Original text of this message