Strange TNS problem

From: Demetris <DMina_at_laiki.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2003 04:00:31 -0800

Hello there.
I have ORACLE 8.1.7.4 server on AIX 5.1. I have another server (BIZTALK) with Oracle client 8.1.7. The system is running ok. I can connect from the client on my database server just fine.
However at certain stages we get the error below when it tries to open a connection.Please note that we are loading 150,000 records currently and we open / close a connection for every call.

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name - at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException.Check(OciHandle errorHandle, Int32 rc)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection.OpenOnLocalTransaction(String userName, String password, String serverName, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean unicode)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection.Open(Object transact)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInternal(OracleConnectionString parsedConnectionString, Object transact)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open()    at BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC.LaikiToBYNXRequest_AIC(XmlDocument doc)    at BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC.ProcessMessage(String strDocument)
[0x0159] The server encountered a transport error while processing
the messaging port "Mainframe To Bynx", which uses a transport component with a ProgID of "BiztalkAIC.BiztalkAIC".

[0x012b] A transmission attempt failed.

Do you have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you Received on Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:00:31 CET

Original text of this message