Re: Strange TNS problem

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:36:21 GMT

You open and close a connection on every call? Hopefully, you are using some sort of connection pooling or you are creating a massive performance problem. Try connecting with sqlplus. Looks like your tnsnames.ora file does not have the right stuff in it.
Jim
"Demetris" <DMina_at_laiki.com> wrote in message news:c5285638.0312090400.2016582c_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello there.
> I have ORACLE 8.1.7.4 server on AIX 5.1.
> I have another server (BIZTALK) with Oracle client 8.1.7.
> The system is running ok. I can connect from the client on my database
> server just fine.
> However at certain stages we get the error below when it tries to open
> a connection.Please note that we are loading 150,000 records currently
> and we open / close a connection for every call.
>
> ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
> - at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException.Check(OciHandle
> errorHandle, Int32 rc)
> at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection.OpenOnLocalTransaction(Str ing
> userName, String password, String serverName, Boolean
> integratedSecurity, Boolean unicode)
> at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection.Open(Object
> transact)
> at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInternal(OracleConnectionStrin g