Re: More Help Required.. in Replication of Oracle 9i in Rh9 (if the query is repeated by me sorry)

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2003 07:07:33 -0800

Replication is a complex beast, that I find few people have experimented with. Plus, the needs vary broadly from case to case, and therefore generic advice is quite dangerous to particular situations. Your best bet is to read the replication manual on tahiti.oracle.com, where all the different options are detailed, and you can also find useful scripts and examples. Having said that, let me add that a 2-second refresh interval is much more frequent than anything I've seen before, and would be very worried for the overall effect on the performance of the system if implemented (people tend to refresh hourly or daily, I find).

Daniel