Oracle 7, Indexes

From: Freek <info._remove_freek_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:28:20 +0100

Dear reader,

My software supplier does not allow me to create an index on "their" tables. Their point is that it can have a bad influence on the performance of "their" forms, queries, things and so on. However, for some reason, I need to make an index on certain columns in one of "their" tables. At least, I want to search on certain columns that are not indexed.
One option is to copy the relevant part of the table to a table of my own an create an index. But, that costs a lot of space, data can be old, you have to refresh etc.
By the way, running on Oracle 7, next year that will be 8.

I hope their is some way of making an index invisible to other users or something like that.

Does anyone have an suggestion ?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Freek

A certain part of my email adres needs to be removed incl the _ Received on Sun Nov 09 2003 - 01:28:20 CET

Original text of this message