Re: How to assign a value to a variable

From: Andrey S. Vakhnin <avah_at_isd.dp.ua>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:42:09 +0300

Floriane Marinou wrote:

> procedure STTESTSELECT (pPhone IN VARCHAR2 default null,
> p_rc out curTestSelect)
>
> IS

  • here you need to declare your local vars

pName VARCHAR2(100); -- place appropriate length instead of "100"

> BEGIN
>

> -- pName := '%' || pName || '%';
>
> OPEN p_rc FOR
> SELECT * FROM DUAL;
>
> exception
> when others then
> raise;
> END;
>
> end TEST_PCKG;
>
> As you can see I put the incriminated line in comments. If it stays like
> this my package is valid if I uncomment it becomes invalid.

As I can see, you should look at compiler error messages more closely :) AFAIU in your case it looked like:
PLS-00201: identifier 'PNAME' must be declared

I think this gives enough information to understand what's the problem.

--
WBR,
Andrey Vakhnin