Re: How to assign a value to a variable

From: Florian Marinoiu <x_at_x.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:51:05 -0400

Here is the code for the packages that I use

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE "CDMVWEB"."TEST_PCKG" IS
TYPE curTestSelect is ref cursor;

procedure STTESTSELECT (pPhone IN VARCHAR2 default null,

                              p_rc out curTestSelect);

end
;

And for the Body

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY "CDMVWEB"."TEST_PCKG"     AS

procedure STTESTSELECT (pPhone IN VARCHAR2 default null,

                              p_rc out curTestSelect)

IS

BEGIN

  OPEN p_rc FOR

      SELECT * FROM DUAL; exception
when others then
  raise;
END; end TEST_PCKG;

As you can see I put the incriminated line in comments. If it stays like this my package is valid if I uncomment it becomes invalid.