How to fix? ORA-22990: LOB locators cannot span transactions

From: Corrine <JavaDeveloper_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2003 11:33:19 -0700

Why am I getting this exception, and how can I fix it? I took out all the commit's and "select ... for update" statements that I had been calling using JDBC, but I'm still getting this exception. I even tried to setAutoCommit(false) but that didn't help. :(

java.io.IOException: ORA-22990: LOB locators cannot span transactions

	at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.SQLToIOException(DatabaseError.java)
	at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobOutputStream.flushBuffer(OracleBlobOutputStream.jav a)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobOutputStream.write(OracleBlobOutputStream.java)
	at java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java)

Please help.

Thanks,

Corrine Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 20:33:19 CEST

Original text of this message