Re: ORA-04030 with PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 08:35:44 -0700

Hi Mahesh,
  I don't have the luxury of running my Oracle on HP-UX, but I setup my Win 2000 laptop with pga_aggregate_target to RAM*80%*20%, and it worked OK. By the way, I run Oracle 9.2. But on Metalink, I found note 43507.1, which might possibly apply to your case, depending on your patch level. Look in particular for sections where it discusses "kernel panic" caused by the setting of pga_aggregate_target, and that should point you in the right direction of which patches might help.

HTH Daniel