RMAN restore with Windows

From: sunilwarrier <member38968_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:51:55 -0400

I found a few documents on this topic, but didn't resolve my issue.

I am trying to restore an RMAN backup to a different host

(with a differnet instance name) from where the backup was taken. And while running it gives the following error:

ORA-19505: failed to identify file "g:\......fullback.546.1"

ORA-27041: unable to open file

ORA-04002 unable to open file

O/S-Error : (OS 3) the system cannot find the path specified

Here g: drive is a shared drive and all the m/c have access to this drive.

Also I found a few documents which talked about starting the instances under Administrator user, but did quite understand it.

If any of you had come across this problem and had a solution to this, could you please share it with me.

thanks,

sunil.