increasing extents because of ORA-01632

From: Lod <tielens_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:54:49 GMT

I have a question concerning the extents from a database. The database stops occasionaly with an ORA-01632 error. Increasing the max_extent from the individual index, named in the error is keeping things going, but there should be a way solving this in a more structural manner. There is plenty of (table)space on the system. When I query dba_tablespaces for our tablespace it gives a next_extent=40969 and a max_extent=2048 and a pct_increase=0. I increased the pct_increase to 50. Does this give the indexes more room to live or should I (also) increase the the next_extent. The database is running on a Compaq Alpha -Tru64- server. Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 10:54:49 CEST

Original text of this message