Re: Oracle to double hiring of Indians

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 12:05:01 -0700

coldrainandsnow_at_lycos.com (Jitendra Patel) wrote in message news:<7610580f.0307120937.21ba3ed6_at_posting.google.com>...
> Yes, this is most wonderful news.
>
> Because Indians work for one-forth the cost of UK people, I hope to
> see Indians take a much larger share of Oracle jobs for companies
> across the world.
>
> Oracle DBA people can work remotely from Bangalore, saving Oracle
> customers billions of pounds in labour costs.

A most annoying development. Indian people employed by Oracle have learned to follow a script, instead of learning to think, and their lack of politeness is appalling.
The dire consequences will be seen soon. I don't hope to see Oracle support being taken over by trained monkeys.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 21:05:01 CEST

Original text of this message