Re: DBD-Oracle, perl 5.6.1, Solaris 7

From: Ron Reidy <reidyre_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 May 2003 14:20:37 -0700

Tomasz,

If you download the DBD-Oracle.zip archive from ActiveState.com and look at the file DBD-Oracle.ppd, you will see the package is intended for Win32 only. The same holds for DBD-Oracle8.zip.

Given this, you have 2 options for using this package:

  1. Send AS an email and ask them to get a port to Solaris (SPARC or Intel architecture).
  2. Build your own perl.

Of the two, I would say your best chance of getting this done in a timely manner is to build your own Perl.

--
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA