Re: Converting Oracle DBF to file format usable by MS ACESS - Please help!

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 05:58:00 GMT

You have a couple of choices.
1. Pay Oracle to extract the data from the files.($10,000 plus a current up to date support contract).
2. Install the same version of Oracle on the same platform that the files came from. (You can't take Oracle database files from a Sun platform and copy them to an MS Windows platform and have them work.) Then pay someone to do a recovery. (Or buy the book or read the manual, but since you are not very familiar with Oracle it would probably be cheaper for someone to do it for you. This is assuming you have ALL the files from a good backup of the database.)

From your responses you are so unfamiliar with robust commercial RDBMS technology - Oracle or otherwise - that it would take a heroic effort for someone to be able to post complete instructions for you to be able to follow. (MS Access is NOT robust commercial RDBMS technology.) Jim