Re: Oracle 9i on Redhat 9: no go?

From: Tim <nocomment_at_rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 23:28:00 GMT

buckwheat wrote:
> norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com (NorwoodThree) wrote in message news:<ba03e2c.0304191836.f7a458d_at_posting.google.com>...
>

>>Oracle 9i is not certified for Redhat9.  You should be okay with
>>Redhat8 or any other version or OS in the certification matrix.

> Jezz, Ora9 runs fine on RedHat9, once you get past the install. You
> can get RedHat AS if you want, but it'll give you just as much hassle
> during the install as with RedHat 9. RedHat AS is a good deal more
> robust I might add, but tends to lag behind the "in vogue" release by
> a few months or so.
>
> Given that Ora install is a pain in the neck for both - which one
> would I choose? I'd have to go with RedHat Application Server.
>
> Buck

So what's the secret. I've tried to follow various peoples "how to" instructions and I keep getting the same problem (I'm not a Linux expert so it's possible I haven't done everything but I think I have). I've installed the JRE they say must be installed and yet it hangs at this point. Can you tell what is set up incorrectly by it hanging at this point?

Install
Installing Java Runtime Environment
1.1.8.1.0

Link pending...

Copying README Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 01:28:00 CEST

Original text of this message