Re: Oracle 9i on Redhat 9: no go?

From: Tim <nocomment_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:48:51 GMT

Frank wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>

>> Gerald Henriksen wrote:

>>> Red Hat 9 uses glibc 2.3 with the new thread system (NPTL - native
>>> posix thread library), which is supposed to improve performance. The
>>> new thread model breaks a small number of applications, particularly
>>> those that make assumptions about glibc internals (note that this is
>>> not the first time that a new version of glibc has broken Java).
>>>
>>> By setting that environment variable you tell the system to use an
>>> older version of the glibc environment for anything you run.
>>>
>>> In addition to breaking Java NPTL also broke wine (since fixed) and
>>> the Intel compilers.
>>

>> Thanks. Now, I'm getting these two errors.
>>
>> Error in invoking target install of makefile
>> /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk
>>
>> I enter "Ignore" and it continues.
>>
>> Then I get.
>>
>> Error in invoking target install of makefile
>> /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk
>>
>> I enter "Ignore" again and it finishes.
>>
>> It then says Oracle Net Configuration Assistant - succeeded
>> Oracle Database Configuration Assistant - failed
>> Agent Configuration Assistant - canceled
>> Starting HTTP Server - failed
>>
>> Any more help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> vi /usr/oracle/920/ctx/lib/env_ctx.mk (!! that's env_ctx, not ins_ctx)
> /INSO_LINK
> add $(LDLIBFLAG)dl, so the line reads:
>
> INSO_LINK = -L$(CTXLIB) $(LDLIBFLAG)m $(LDLIBFLAG)dl $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_ca
> $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_fa $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_ex $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_da $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_ut
> $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_ch $(LDLIBFLAG)sc_fi $(LLIBCTXHX) $(LDLIBFLAG)c -Wl,-rpath,
> $(CTXHOME)lib $(CORELIBS) $(COMPEOBJS)
>
> DOn't know about oem_agent - you should be able to find that.
> I'm not fond of OEM anyway - if you feel the same, don't bother.

Does anyone else know how to get OEM working? I looked at it but don't really know where to start. Any clues about what to look for would be helpful. I was able to find what I think would be the correct "env" file but don't know what would need changing. Received on Mon May 26 2003 - 16:48:51 CEST

Original text of this message