Re: Record Locking ???

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 15:12:23 GMT

He can't prevent others from reading if that is what he wants to do. (unless he does select for update). Two methods, one is to do the update with all the original values in the where clause and if the record is not found then it changed under him. Another is to do a select for update. Then others won't be able to change records that are in the select until he does a commit. In a sessionless environment (web) this might be a challange. (eg leave records locked since the user might just not come back to finish) What is the business need?
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure