Re: GRANT Command?

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:21:19 +0200

gilgantic <gilgantic_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws d6052717.0304241004.eaf08e7_at_posting.google.com...
| I am an Oracle 8i and 9i novice. Help me understand the GRANT command?
|
| Currently, I am running stored procedure called, "sample".
|
| CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE sample(schema_name IN VARCHAR2)
| *
| ERROR at line 1:
| ORA-01031: insufficient privilege
|
| To remedy this I was told to GRANT privilege to the user, because the user
 did
| not have CREATE or REPLACE privileges. How can I do this?
|
| Thanks!
| Gil

As a dba:

   grant create procedure to <username>; Or:

   grant resource to <username>;
The role resource normally grants all required priviliges for a user that must be able to create objects.

Visit http://tahiti.oracle.com for all Oracle documentation or use the documentation CD that came with the software (supposed you did not download it). Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 20:21:19 CEST

Original text of this message