Re: How to analyze statistics on a table/ partition

From: Subrahmanyam Arya <avsrk_at_mailcity.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 13:21:01 -0700

danielroy10_at_hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<1b061893.0304040830.7562ad8_at_posting.google.com>...
> The easiest way to monitor the inserts is to create a "before insert"
> trigger, in combination with an audit table. In that audit table,
> simply insert the time, and possibly additional info (like the user)
> of that insert. No data dictionary view will give you that info.
>
> To see how much space a segment occupies, use DBMS_SPACE.FREE_BLOCKS
> (for a manually-managed segment) or DBMS_SPACE.SPACE_USAGE (for an
> automatically-managed segment). For a specific row, you'll need to add
> the info of each column data.
>
> It would be easier to answer your question if you provided more
> details such as your Oracle version, as Oracle's functionality changes
> significantly from version to version.
>
> Daniel

Hi there,

the oracle version iam using is oracle 8i enterprise edition. Using the partitioning option. What is dbms_space and how do i use it ?? I did desc on dbms_space and it descrived it. however when i do select(*) or select count(*) i get ORA-04044: procedure, function, package, or type is not allowed here error

-thx,avsrk Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 22:21:01 CEST

Original text of this message