Re: Help in UTL_FILE

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:35:44 +0200

Hi Sateesh,
comments embedded...

"Sateesh Kumar" wrote...
> Hi!
>
> A small help needed.
> Below is a reply in the newsgroup regarding the utl_file.
> In that you have told that the limit is 32k in oracle version 8.0.5
upwards.

this means: limit of maximum line size is 32k if you have used the proper fopen function. If you did not specify MAX_LINESIZE in the fopen call, you will be facing the standard: on most systems 1023 Byte (at least on 8i).

> However am using oracle version
> Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
> PL/SQL Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> CORE 8.1.7.0.0 Production
> TNS for Linux: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Development
> NLSRTL Version 3.4.1.0.0 - Production
>
> Still i can't write more than 1023 bytes in a single put statement.

Show us your script (the open statement).

> My requirement is that i need to generate an excel file with 25 columns
 and
> some 10000 rows.
> I use plsql script to generate this excel as a csv file.
> So for getting 25 columns the size of each is nearly 1090 bytes.
> How do I write that to generate the excel or is there any better way.

Better? I don't know. But you can use spool functionality on the client side.
There also is the restriction 32k per line.

> thanks a lot for the help.
>
> sateesh

hth,
Guido Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 08:35:44 CEST

Original text of this message