Re: Question on Oracle replication

From: TC <donotuse_at_donotuse.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:28:13 GMT

The short answer is YES, but many other things there is a long answer too.

However, if this is something that you would want to do as a one time exercise, depending on the number of tables that you have and the complexity of the relationship between these tables, it may not be worth the effort.

If it is a on going thing where you would want the 3rd site to be updated regularly, yes, you can surely set up a replication. Replication being a vast subject, I suggest you follow the documentation.

If it is a scenario where you have a lot of data and it needs to be replicated across only once, you may be better off setting up the base tables and updateable materialized views on those tables and do a snapshot replication till the data syncs up. The time taken to sync will depend on the amount fo data that you have and the bandwidth that you may be able to provide.

//tc