Re: Standard Edition and multi-master replication

From: TC <donotuse_at_donotuse.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:21:00 GMT

Basic Replication is supported by Standard Editions which include snapshot replication and updateable snapshot replication. The latter gives almost similar functionalities of a multi-master replication.

Advanced Replication is only supported in Enterprise Edition where one would have the complete multi-master functionalities including defining several masters and their respective snashot sites, online DML during replication environment changes, Replication Manager, and parallel propagation to maximize throughput.

It depends on the criticality of your corporate data plus the degree of efficacy and need for distributed transactions that can help you decide for or against the enterprise edition

And yes, updatable materialized view is available as part of Basic Replication

//tc