Query system tables for a list of schemas in DB?

From: dom <dominic.morris_at_eidosnet.co.uk>
Date: 3 Mar 2003 00:35:20 -0800

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a list of schemas from my Oracle 9i database, and the best thing I've found so far is; "select * from dba_allusers" -- this is kind of Ok, but it yields a longer list than Oracle Enterprise Manager Console reports when I click on the Schema node of the treeview on the left. Ideally, I'd like them to be the same... anybody know how I can get this list?

On a related note, I'm trying to enable full logging of Oracle Enterprise Manager's SQL in order that I can see what SQL it uses to get lists tables, keys, procedures, etc. I've looked at the Configuration menu's SQL Logging option, but that only seems to log action SQL, as opposed to SELECTs. If anybody can let me know how this is done, that would be much appreciated.

And finally, I'm using a statement like "select * from all_tables where owner like '...'" in order to get a list of tables in a given schema; is there any way of knowing which of these tables are "system" tables? Is this concept valid in Oracle? I'm an Oracle newbie, so please excuse my ignorance!

Many thanks in advance,
dm. Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 09:35:20 CET

Original text of this message