Re: Can UTL_FILE access client side file system

From: Svend Jensen <Svend_SPAMKILL__at_OracleCare.Com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:45:23 +0100

Yes, if several conditions are met.

In windoze 2K Server and oracle 8.1.7:

The client drive must be a domain share on the db server. Utl_file parameter set accordingly, or '*' (security issue) The OracleServiceSID must log on as domain admin or user with similar privs. In service right click, log on as, restart.

Other platforms; create more specific questions :-)

/Svend Jensen