how to create a small database in Oracle that won't eat ram

From: Suzy Anderson <suzyA_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:00:22 -0500

Hi guys.

I am new to Oracle and I have successfully installed Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 2000 machine that has 256 mb ram. While installing Oracle 9i, I selected the option not to create a starter database cause I wanted to create it manually after installation through the Database Configuration Assistant.

Now my main challenge is to create a small and simple database that won't consume to much memory. This database that I am going to create is just for personal use and learning simple sql on Oracle. (Thats the reason why installed the Personal Edition, instead of the Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition). I have disabled the Oracle HTTP Server from the Windows Services, cause it is just going to consume memory and I don't need it.

Creating a database in Oracle is very easy using the Database Configuration Assistant, but I would like someone to kindly help me to play with the options that I need to configure in the DCA so that the database that won't consume to much memory.

Is there anyone out there to suggest me anything. :-)

Thanks

Suzy Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 18:00:22 CET

Original text of this message