Re: Double words in the table name

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 06:44:44 -0800

kennypoon <member6892_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2551480.1045710948_at_dbforums.com>...
> In SQL Server, when you have a table name which have two or more words,
> you need to use double quota in the SQL statement:
> Select * from "table 123"
>
> is it same in Oracle? or Oracle don't permit have two or more words in
> the table name or field name?

Basically yes, however you should never create tables with names like this in Oracle. Use underscores in place of spaces and let Oracle convert the table names to uppercase. It will be better in the wrong run.

See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/access_problem.html for the article
Help, "I can't drop a table which I created in my Oracle database using MS-Access" for details.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 15:44:44 CET

Original text of this message