Re: Double words in the table name

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 02:43:23 -0800

kennypoon <member6892_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2551480.1045710948_at_dbforums.com>...
> In SQL Server, when you have a table name which have two or more words,
> you need to use double quota in the SQL statement:
> Select * from "table 123"
>
> is it same in Oracle? or Oracle don't permit have two or more words in
> the table name or field name?

Mere syntax questions are best answered by reading the SQL reference manual.
I'm quite aware most people exposed to sqlserver are incapable| too lazy to read any manual.
As to your question: yes it works the same, but it is a real pain in the ass.
The convention is to replace spaces with underscores, and you won't need the "" anymore.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 11:43:23 CET

Original text of this message