Re: Flat file to Oracle

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 20:24:01 -0800

"Gavirel" <azvzq_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<lrU4a.17857$Zr%.6461_at_news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> Thank you for answering my question. But the problem is that I have to call
> a system function to retrieve those files. that's why I need to write some
> script to generate the control file from the returned flat files, so is it
> still possible to use util_file. Thanks.

Oracle version?
OS?

If you want to be creative, you can parse any ascii file using Java, Perl, Winbatch or any file parsing scripting tool. However, I am not sure why you want to go thru file parsing when you can easily use util_file. Other solution I could think of is to use Access or Excel to read flat file and insert into Oracle.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 05:24:01 CET

Original text of this message