Re: Uninstall Oracle 9i from Solaris 8

From: Harvey <harveyb999_at_beliveau.cc>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:01:14 GMT

TattooPierced1 wrote:

> How would I uninstall Oracle 9i from Solaris 8? I searched the web for how
> to do this, and everything said just to delete the Oracle files, but this
> does not sound right so I was wanting to double check.

If you're not preserving anything from Oracle 9i, rm -rf * on the Oracle directory and it'll go away. Also, clean up you .profile to remove any paths you stored, rm -rf /var/opt/oracle, the /etc/init.d/dbora file (if you created one) and the associated links in /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc0.d, etc.

If you're not comfortable doing it that way, run the installer and uninstall the products from there.

Oh, and if you break your box because you removed the wrong files/directories, you're on your own!

Harv Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 17:01:14 CET

Original text of this message