windows, unix, or linux

From: Andres Leon <andres_at_vitacost.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2003 09:39:29 -0800

Hello everyone,
Our company is thinking about moving from MS-SQL2000 to oracle 9i. We already have two very powerful servers running MSCS which could be converted to running 9i and parallel server.

My question is: is the performance between windows2000 advanced server and a *nix OS running oracle 9i that impressive that would be worth getting new hardware or at least installing the OS in these machines?

If more info is needed to answer this question i will be happy to provide it.

Thank you!

andres Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 18:39:29 CET

Original text of this message