Re: Help! I am totally lost

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:09:59 GMT

Oracle != SQLServer. (and certainly very different than Access) 1. Down load the Standard Edition not the personal edition. Unless they changed the personal edition, you can't connect to it from another machine. There may be some other differences. Go with the standard edition. 2. The documentation is at otn.oracle.com, sign up for free and access the documentation.
3. The documentation is quite good. It is set up in books and so looking at the table of contents and going from there will help a lot. Spend a lot of time reading and understanding the concepts. I think you are trying to bite off a lot more than you can chew.

Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure