Re: Oracle JDBC problem

From: Doug Baroter <qwert12345_at_boxfrog.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 07:17:26 -0800

Rauf,

Thanks. I created the java class in DOS Edit, then Set classpath accordingly,
but I don't know why I got compilation error as follows: jdbc\lib\Test.java:15: unclosed string literal (

   ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery ("select banner from v$version");
^
another ^ under the double quote before select.

jdbc\lib\Test.java:18: ')' expected
  System.out.println(rset.getString(1)); ^ under semicolon

Could it relate to OCI driver setup/configuration etc.? since database connection fails when I tried JDBC url config using "jdbc:oracle:oci:_at_db"
while JDBC url config using "jdbc:oracle:jdbc:_at_serverName..." verfies that the connection is established but actually not via the third party. Again thanks.