Re: PLSQL & dyn generating sql (& oracle forms)

From: sven <sbraem_at_levi.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 00:59:42 -0800

danielroy10_at_hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<1b061893.0212111325.702718b6_at_posting.google.com>...
> If I were you, I'd create a 1-column nested table, and use it in my
> select statement this way:
>
> cursor c1 is
> select *
> from table
> where field in (select my_only_field from my_nested_table);
>
> Or even better performance-wise, use an EXISTS clause instead of an IN
> clause.

I don't think I can use a nested table. My values come from a listbox in oracle forms. It is depending on what the user selects. I also noticed that this is quite impossible to do because whatever you put in the variable, it will be seen as one string so everything together will be one value.

I found out another way and that's with dynamic sql. Still if people think it can be done in a more simple way, please reply.

Thanks for helping out Daniel Received on Thu Dec 12 2002 - 09:59:42 CET

Original text of this message