replication and referential integrity

From: easynews <$$remove$$mpresburger_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:37:25 GMT

For all the oracle gurus:

I have to set up multimaster replication for the following tables:

T1

    data1 - Key
    data2
    data3
.
.

    etc.

T2

    data1 -Key
    data2 - FK T1.data1
    data3
..

    etc

T3

    data1 - Key
    data2 - FK T1.Data1
    data3
..

    etc

I can replicate T1, T2, T3 and everything workes fine. The problem is I do not need to replicate all the data from T1. Assuming the tables are actually T1_at_db1, T2_at_DB1, T3_at_DB1 & T1_at_DB2, T2_at_DB2, T3_at_DB2 all I relly need to do is replicate the T1.data1_at_db1 attribute to T1.data1_at_db2. I tried setting up refferential integrity to the T1_at_DB1 but oracle does not like it. Comes back with a message saying that ddl is not permited on a remote database.

Any ideas. Snapshot for T1 is I think inapropriate since the replication has to be synchronous. T1 is being ubdated constantly and I want to prevent large trafic
since the table is large and the data is not needed at the replicated site (other than the key for RI). T2 & T3 are being updated mostly at the replicated site (DB2) but keys have to be placed before that at the primary site.

Platform Oracle 8.1.7 Solaris

remove the $$$remove$$$ from the email address. Please post reply to newsgroup or email $$$remove$$$mpresburger_at_ntlworld.com Regards,

MP Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 08:37:25 CET

Original text of this message