Re: replication and referential integrity

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:18:54 +0100

easynews wrote:
> For all the oracle gurus:
>
> I have to set up multimaster replication for the following tables:
>
> T1
> data1 - Key
> data2
> data3
> .
> .
> etc.
>
> T2
> data1 -Key
> data2 - FK T1.data1
> data3
> ..
> etc
>
> T3
> data1 - Key
> data2 - FK T1.Data1
> data3
> ..
> etc
>
> I can replicate T1, T2, T3 and everything workes fine. The problem is I do
> not need to replicate all the data from T1. Assuming the tables are actually
> T1_at_db1, T2_at_DB1, T3_at_DB1 & T1_at_DB2, T2_at_DB2, T3_at_DB2 all I relly need to do is
> replicate the T1.data1_at_db1 attribute to T1.data1_at_db2.
> I tried setting up refferential integrity to the T1_at_DB1 but oracle does not
> like it. Comes back with a message saying that ddl is not permited on a
> remote database.
>
> Any ideas. Snapshot for T1 is I think inapropriate since the replication has
> to be synchronous. T1 is being ubdated constantly and I want to prevent
> large trafic
> since the table is large and the data is not needed at the replicated site
> (other than the key for RI). T2 & T3 are being updated mostly at the
> replicated site (DB2) but keys have to be placed before that at the primary
> site.
>
> Platform Oracle 8.1.7 Solaris
>
> remove the $$$remove$$$ from the email address.
> Please post reply to newsgroup or email $$$remove$$$mpresburger_at_ntlworld.com
> Regards,
>
> MP

Create a snapshot for the one column (or columns, if you have a compound primary key) you need. Have it replicated 'on commit' - new records will be replicated instantly; updates on existing records will not - you are not updating PK cols, are you?
Same for deletes - replicated instantly. Snapshots behave as tables; kan have primary and foreign key defined.

Grtz, Frank Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 19:18:54 CET

Original text of this message