Exporting Long Raw from Oracle Forms

From: John <jriker1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2002 14:26:21 -0800

We received an export of an Oracle database that has Long Raw fields in it. Word documents are stored in these columns. I have exported them as is, converted them to blobs and then exported them. The documents are still opening as garbage. These documents were originally stored in the system using Oracle Forms. Does Oracle Forms do something to the data to prevent it from being extracted with something other than Oracle Forms? If it does something unusual, can someone help me with how I am going to extract all these thousands of document from the database so I can utilize them elsewhere? Thanks.

JR Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 23:26:21 CET

Original text of this message