Re: Oracle Auto Startup issue

From: Da Man <jeffc_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:18:07 -0500

This depends on your default run level. The main script to startup or shutdown your database on a Redhat system should go in

/etc/init.d/

If you default run level is 3 like mine (server startup without graphics) then you want to link the script in init.d to;

/etc/rc3.d

But in needs to be under the start stop naming convention Redhat uses. It starts with Sxxaaaaa where xx is the order you want to run the script in and aaaaa is something descriptive. Set the XX number after networking and firewall scripts have run.

My system has the following startup and shutdown scripts

/etc/init.d/dbora
/etc/rc3.d/S95dbora <- link /etc/init.d/dbora

The shutdown script should be setup in run levels 0 and 6. On my system the shutdown scripts are;

/etc/rc0.d/K05dbora
/ect/rc6.d/K05dbora

Set the xx value to something BEFORE the network shutdown script starts. The database should be the last startup script and the first shutdown script to be run.