marketable curriculum

From: greengirl <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:40:56 +0000

Hi all
I need a little advise here. I am thinking about getting into Oracle. I don't have real programming or database experience other than some VB and Access. I am willing to start out entry level until I have gained the experience to get a good job. I am trying to choose between 2 programs that offer somewhat different curriculums

The 1st offers the standard DBA classes plus UNIX I & II

The 2nd offers SQL, SQL*Plus, Utilities, PL/SQL, Advanced Oracle (SQL tuning, export and import, installing Oracle), UNIX I & II XML,Perl, base SAS,Data warehousing, OLAP technologies, Data analysis with Excel and data analysis with acess and ETL.

I few members have posted that it is VERY difficult to get a job as a DBA with no experience. I already have a degree of course not in CS. I am just wondering which curriculum would make me more marketable. I appreciate any thoughts any of you may have on this.

thanks