Updat Oracle interMedia Textindex

From: Kai Cohrt <kuewchen_at_gmx.de>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 13:12:52 -0800

Hi there,

I created an TextIndex on a Table TA Column CA T(Varchar). Because I wanted the index to include also cloumns CB and CC (from the same table) I created the index with the USERDATASTORE parameter and specified a procedure to put the columnvalues together into one string.
Now my question:

If column CB or CC is updated, how can I update the Index?

If I use
ALTER INDEX I_TableA_ColumnA REBUILD online parameters ('sync');

it seems like, that Oracle does NOT take in account the new value in CB or CC.

It works without the online option:
ALTER INDEX I_TableA_ColumnA REBUILD;

But that of course stops the index to be usable during the update.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much. Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 22:12:52 CET

Original text of this message