Information on Oracle9i failover clustering(availability)

From: SekhaG <GSekar_at_chn.cognizant.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2002 07:01:50 -0800

Hai

   I want information for the following queries with justification regarding failover clusering.Please help me.

  1. Does it impact the design of databases? Justify?
  2. Are there any non-ANSI features(like Triggers & Stored Procedures) introduced in the backend as a result of the clustering?
  3. Is there a performance impact because of clustering? - Are any metrics available on this?
  4. What are the commercials tools needed for clustering?
  5. How is testing of the cluster going to be done?

With Regards,
Sekhar Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:01:50 CET

Original text of this message