Re: oracle install on linux

From: RK <rajXesh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 06:49:13 -0700

I have installed 8.1.6 on a 233MHz 64MB RAM Laptop running RedHat 6.something The entire thing took hours. I could not install the sample database. It just hung. Oracle runs fine though, and I could create a database. Running sql.bsq and the cat* scripts also take a massive amount of time. I did not have to rebuild the kernel or anything.

Try doing a custom install and choose the minimum configuration. Forget about the starter database. Create your own once Oracle is installed.

  • rajXesh

PS: <dmz17> An optimist is a guy that has never had much experience.

            ~~Don Marquis, archy and mehitabel, 1927