Re: Help with this error message in Siebel 98 :- [INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]ORA-00001: unique constraint (SIEBEL.S_CONTACT_IF_U1) violated

From: Shane <shane.hancock_at_nextiraone.co.uk>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 03:46:22 -0700

Thanks for the advice.

I realised the file I included in the posting does not contain a TRUE statement on the CLEAR TABLE line.

I'll explain further.

We export one set of data - for example

Contacts beginning with A
CLEAR TABLE statement equals TRUE

We then append by using the exact same file as I have placed here extracting :-

Contacts beginning with B
CLEAR TABLE statement equals FALSE

in theory this should append but for some reason we get the error message listed in the Subject.

Should I manually truncate the IF Tables first? and then run these IFB files?

Or is there a flaw in this plan of extracting A's , B's , C's etc???