Problem: SQLLDR and W3C Compliant Dates

From: Rajah James <rajah_james_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2002 12:20:27 -0700

I have data in XML format, with W3C compliant dates. If you don't know the format for these, this is an exmaple:

YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD

where:

     YYYY = four-digit year
     MM   = two-digit month (01=January, etc.)
     DD   = two-digit day of month (01 through 31)
     hh   = two digits of hour (00 through 23) (am/pm NOT allowed)
     mm   = two digits of minute (00 through 59)
     ss   = two digits of second (00 through 59)
     s    = one or more digits representing a decimal fraction of a
second
     TZD  = time zone designator (Z or +hh:mm or -hh:mm)
     ***NOTE: The T appears literally in the string, to indicate the
              start of the time portion.***

I tried to use this first: 'YYYY-MM-DDTHH24:MI:ss'

This data is loaded in SQLServer without manipulation using the MS loader. For Oracle, it is the same data, only in CSV format. If using SQLLDR with 8.1.7.0.0, the inline 'T' is my problem. I tried a variety of ways to define the date format in the control file to no avail, any ideas? Thanks. Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 21:20:27 CEST

Original text of this message